Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Verve Thank you

Hi y'all! Hope everyone's having a great weekend! It has been H-O-T!!! And watching 6, yes, 6 baseball games in the heat can really wear ya out!!! Don't worry, they were split up - our oldest played 2 on Friday, our middle one played 2 on Saturday and they each had one today. Yep, I'm ready for a nap, hehe!
I made this card for the Verve new release challenge. What's sweet is that I actually WON a gift certificate for Verve!!!! Yippee!!! Any suggestions on a set or two or three??!! They're all sooo pretty, I'm having a hard time deciding. Anyway, I also used this week's color combo challenge ~ amethyst, apricot and suede. I made a set of 5 cards using these colors because 1. amethyst and apricot are soon-to-be retired colors from SU, so I might as well use it up and 2. now I have a sweet little set of cards as a teachers' gift for next year! Nope, I don't normally plan this for ahead, but I'm come to realize that I NEED to start!!! Pretty simple card, but love how it turned out. I really like the texture behind the sentiment layer.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! I like the colors and whohoo on your win. If you keep winning things you are going to have to stamp a little bit more. hee hee

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous! Love it!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS