Friday, November 4, 2011

Craft room wall art and AWESOME NEWS!

Hi all! TGIF, right?! Not that I won't have a busy weekend - one of my younguns' has a baseball tournament. Good times...
I wanted to share the project I made for the most recent MFT guest designer challenge! I'm SO proud of it especially because I WON!!!!!!! Yeah, baby! The challenge was to Bling It On. I started this piece on Friday and didn't finish until Monday. I just kept having to walk away and think about it... it needed to be just right. Not gawdy or tacky. I wanted it to be classy enough that any crafter out there would be happy to have it hanging in their craft space. The sentiment is from their You Move Me set {adore it!}. I broke it up and cut it out using the dienamic that comes with the set. The flowers were made using their new loopy bloom die {fun!} in colors that matched the dp. I added bling to several of the petals and also sprayed them with gold glimmer mist. The leafy flourishes were cut out of matching dp and I added some bling to parts of them, as well. I used the open bracket border and the postage border dienamics under the flower dp (which is up on dimensionals) and added LOTS 'O BLING to them. More bling here and there and some glitttery velvet ribbon finish it off.


Detail shot:

And another:


And yes, if you saw this on Splitcoast, these pics are different. I just broke out my OLD (I'm talking over 6 yrs old!) point and shoot camera instead of using my dslr. These pics came out clearer, I think, which is better for posting here and on SCS.

Thanks for taking a peek. I have one more card to finish up for a set I made for the latest TS Monday challenge, which I am obviously super late for! So stay tuned...

Hugs,

3 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

Big congrats, Angel! Looking forward to stamping with you again! :)

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous frame, Angel. Of course anyone would want to hang this up! It's beautiful!

Jessica Griffin said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your win!! But come on, I bet none of the other girls compared!! And now you have a gorgeous new piece for your craft space! xoxo

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS